Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Starting to sell on Ebay for Adoption

Yard Sale season is coming to a close for the year and I knew I had to learn how to sell on Ebay to keep the cash coming in for the adoption in the winter months. I kept putting it off and putting it off because I was afraid of the unknown. Well, Finally I met with the Post Master of our local Post Office and inendated him with question after question regarding how to figure out the shipping cost (since the shipping cost has to be listing in the listing of the item before it's sold). He was nice enough to walk me through utilizing the Shipping Calculator that is listed on their website http://www.usps.com/ as well as ebay's website under the Sell tab.

I stayed up multiple nights until the weeee hours of the morning after Andrew went to bed so I could concentrate on learning how to list and sell, pack and ship our items. We listed a few barbie dolls that were still in their original boxes and to our surprise we made about $100.00 on a couple of barbie dolls for the first week of sales. Not bad. After I sold them I was remarkable surprised at how easy Ebay makes it for you to send an invoice, connect with Paypal and print off shipping labels. I didn't know what I was fretting about because it is easier than I thought.

Since we've been going to auctions and purchasing large lots of items we are well stocked up for the winter to sell on Ebay. Christmas is right around the corner so it will be intersting to see what kind of activity we'll have selling on Ebay.

If anyone would like to check out what we are selling on Ebay and possible get in on the bidding on any of our items here is the link to what we are selling http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/getitnow1013 Happy Bidding!!

1 comment:

ed medication said...

It's nearly impossible to find educated people for this subject, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about! Thanks