Thursday, June 30, 2005

18 Days Before We Leave

The time is coming near. Only 18 days before we leave for London and then 26 days until our appointment with the NAC in Ukraine. We are getting more and more excited about becoming parents.




Robert and I have been extremely busy getting everything together for our trip and with the house for when we return. The past few weeks we have finished renovating our bathroom, landscaped our front yard, rugged the stairwell going up the the 4th bedroom in our house, painted the stairwell, renovated & painted 2 closets, hung some closet doors, assembled 3 radiator covers, booked our hotel at Newark Airport for the night before we leave, and picked up the rest of our travel supplies at Walmart and finished setting up the children's rooms. We still have clean up, organizing and child proofing the house to do. We're almost done with everything, Thank God!



It's so hard to describe the excitement that we have in becoming parents. I am so amazed at how much I love our children already and I don't even know what they look like. God has already conceived them in our hearts and knows which children He has for us. I believe that He will direct our paths and lead us to the children He has intended for us when we have our appointment in Ukraine. This whole process has certainly been a walk of faith for sure. In the book of Hebrews 11:1 in the bible it says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." So even though we haven't seen our children yet we know and believe that we are already parents of two healthy children. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE KNOW YOU BOTH WILL BE GREAT PARENTS!!!!!! I'M SORRY I REALLY HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE CHANCE TO GET TO KNOW ROBERT AS WELL AS I KNOW YOU KARRIE, BUT WHAT I DO KNOW OF HIM HE SEEMS LIKE HE IS GOING TO BE A GREAT FATHER. AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN EXCELLENT WITH CHILDREN. I WAS HEARTBROKEN TO FIND OUT THAT YOU COULDN'T HAVE YOUR OWN, BUT THIS IS THE BEST WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BECAUSE YOU BOTH HAVE LOTS OF LOVE TO GIVE AND YOU ARE HELPING CHILDREN THAT NEED LOTS OF LOVE. I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I AM FOR YOU BOTH. HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY TRIP.. DON'T FORGET TO EMAIL ME WHEN YOU GET THERE AND KEEP ME INFORMED. I AM JUST AS ANXIOUS AS THE GRANDPARENTS TO BE. YOU KNOW ME IM CORNY..HA HA I LOVE YA
KAREN