Sunday, June 19, 2005

There Is No Substitute To A Father's Love

Happy Father’s Day to all you Dad’s out there.



I’d like to say that there is no substitute for a father’s love. I’ve noticed over the years when planning for the arrival of friends and family’s babies that the expectant mother gets all of the attention and the father gets overlooked. If it wasn’t for the father, the child wouldn’t be growing in the mother’s belly. Our fathers are the ones we go to for wisdom, guidance, encouragement and protection. We as children, whole heartedly believe our fathers can do anything and will always come through for us in any circumstance in our lives because they always do. A father’s presence in a home is greatly respected by his children (that’s why my mom always said, “Just wait until your father get’s home”), and when a he’s not there he is greatly missed.



It’s been 26 years this month since my dad has been gone to be with our heavenly Father and let me just say he is greatly missed by all of us. There is simply no substitute of his love and presence he has brought to our family and has left in our hearts. My dad was a person of great love and affection to all of us and expressed his love for us by joking around, wrestling with us, teasing us, teaching us, encouraging us, being patient, supporting our family and disciplining us when needed. Many times my dad would come home from work and would ask me to rub his horrendously stinky feet (believe me that is an understatement). We would go back and forth and finally I’d give in and hold my breath the entire time just to make his feet feel better. Oh how I wish to be able to smell his feet again. =) Many people that knew my father say that I am a lot like him, however, let me just say…My feet don’t stink like his use to. Thank God for that.



Over the past 6 ½ years I have been blessed with another father and that is my father-in-law. He is a blessing in our lives and is loved dearly by Robert and I. A man of great wisdom and love for his family and has loved me as his own daughter since the day I met him. Since I take everything to heart, I am very touched by his love and acceptance into the Millilo family and am glad that I have him as my second dad. We love you dad very much and there is simply no substitute of your love and presence in our lives. Happy Father’s Day!

No comments: