Sunday, July 17, 2005

We're on our way!

Well, today is the day that we leave start our Adoption Journey.

We are currently in the Newark area at the Holiday Inn settling in before our flight tomorrow morning. I just figured out how to get on-line from outside our home.


Our immediate families visited us yesterday while we were actively packing and getting the house prepared to leave it for a month. My mom will be staying at our house so that is a big relief. Saying goodbye to them for a month was heartbreaking. Especially our mothers. We all got teary eyed and embraced each other like we would never see each other again. At least I was...Robert was the stronger of the two of us. I will miss hearing my mom's voice as much as I usually talk to her. She is a special lady in my life and we are the best of friends.

This morning Robert and I woke up when the alarm went off and looked at each other in bed and smiled, because we knew we were going to start our journey to adopt our children. How excited we are.

Our pastors at church called us up to the pulpit for them and the congregation to pray over us for safe, smooth and peaceful travels. Many friends at church gave us their blessings as well. Thank you all for keeping us and our children in your prayers for safe travels, health, wisdom, direction and a peaceful joyful journey in adopting our children.

We'll be in touch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karrie, you know how truly happy I am for you both. After years of trying myself to have children, I gave up after the unsucessful pregnancy with my little twins. All I have is the ultrasound picture of them. But after so much pain, emotions and expense, as you know, I am a Mom-Mom now with legal custody of my 6 yr old Tyler. The last nine months with him has been amazing - and this you and Robert will soon know! Its your time now girlie - God bless and have a safe journey!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karrie and Robert... So glad you have this site to share your thoughts and experiences with us!
Keeping you all in prayer as you fly out today!
With love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi you two, wishing you a safe journey. Can't wait to see the new additions so I can give them a big hug. Keep up the journal so we can keep in touch.
Love ya, Mama Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi you two, wishing you a safe journey. Can't wait to see the new additions so I can give them a big hug. Keep up the journal so we can keep in touch.
Love ya, Mama Sherry