Monday, December 12, 2005

Andrew's First Haircut & Thanksgiving

Andrew's First Haircut Posted by Picasa




Since Andrew's hair was looking quite shaggy I took him to get his first haircut. His hair was really growing in thick in the back and was growing over his ears. It was time to get his first haircut. There were many opinions otherwise that I should let it grow longer to let his curls grow in, but he already had some curls in the back and that was enough for Mommy. We have a little boy and not a little girl so Kid's Kuts here we come. Yes, I took him to Kid's Kuts to get his haircut since they are experience with cutting young children's hair. Surprisingly Andrew held still for the most part, up until they took out the electric clippers to shave up the back of his hair and around his ears. Boy how handsome he looks. Robert like his longer hair, which surprises me that he does. I guess because he looked like more of a baby with his longer hair instead of a little boy with his haircut. Kid's Kuts had a video playing of Elmo to keep him still while the lady cut his hair. When the electric clippers came out Andrew stood up in the car he was sitting in and went right to me to protect him. So I held him as the lady finished trimming the back of his hair. They saved some of his hair for me and gave Andrew a certificate for his first haircut for his scrapbook.


Handsome Andrew Posted by Picasa





This year we have had a lot to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. We are so thankful to God for bringing our family together with Andrew our son. He is a blessing, an answered prayer and a dream come true. Each day as I put Andrew down for his nap or for the evening I am so thankful for him and I thank God for our precious son. I look down at him in his crib and am amazed at how he has grown and each day he seems bigger than the last. When we brought him home from Ukraine, Andrew was wearing a size 9 months clothes and now his is just getting into 18 months size clothes. I measured him the other day at the doctor's office and he has grown 4 inches since we met him in August. We also just got him new shoes at Stride Rite and realized his foot grew a whole size and a half since we brought him home. He was in a size 3 shoe and now we have him in a size 5. He still seems little to many people but he is certainly growing quickly. We have been home for 2 months on November 21st which was the same amount of time we were in Ukraine and Andrew has amazed me at how much he has learned, grown and bonded with us and our family in such a short amount of time.


I'm a BIG kid now! Posted by Picasa

No comments: