Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Toys R Us & Billy's Birthday Party

About a week ago, we were invited to join our nephew, Billy to celebrate with him and his friends at Chucky Cheese. So when it was time to go to Toys R Us to get a birthday gift for Billy, I figured it would be a good time to also get some ideas for Andrew for Christmas. As we were going through Toys R Us and getting ideas of what to get Billy for his birthday, I had Andrew in the shopping cart and I was tickled to see and hear of his reactions to the toys around him. When we went down the isle that had stuffed Barney's and Winnie the Pooh, he recognized them right away and started gruntinga and reaching for them. I pulled the Winnie the Pooh Bear off of the shelf and let Andrew hold it and he smiled as he hugged it and rested his head upon it. I then put it back after gave him some love and continued on down the isles. When I went down the isle of all of the Thomas the Tank Engine, Andrew about jumped out of the cart to grab the toys of Thomas off the shelf as he yelped. Ohh my...I guess I know what Andrew likes for sure. He was too funny making all of his verbal comments and reactions as we went through the store.



Andrew had a great time celebrating cousin Billy's birthday at Chucky Cheese. There was a separate room for toddlers to climb on slides and sit on a ride with Barney and on a Bulldozer with Bob the Builder. Andrew was approached by Chucky Cheese himself in his mouse costume and when he stopped to wave at Andrew, he froze and stared at him and then his face got all distorted and the tears started to flow. My sweetheart was afraid of Chucky Cheese just like I was afraid of Goofy when I was his Andrew's age at Disneyland. I picked him up and comforted him and then he was fine. What surprised me though was that Andrew liked the adult size animals that played different instruments later on when we had cake in the dining area. He was dancing and going up to the animals at that time. Andrew had a great time and played as much as he could before Mommy and Daddy decided to go home.

No comments: