Saturday, July 29, 2006

Andrew Sings First Songs

Many evenings as I hold Andrew and rock him in the rocking chair before bedtime I will sing the songs out of a baby board book that has bible songs within it. He is now singing them with me when he can remember the words.

To my surprise one morning as I was getting Andrew dressed, I heard him sing a verse all by himself without me singing along. Here he sang,"For the bible tells me so". That is what he would sing over and over again. Then it dawned on me that he was singing the song, "Jesus Loves Me". When I picked up on what song it was I started singing it with him. Boy I bet that made God smile to hear one of His precious children sing Jesus Loves Me as their first solo even if he only could recite one line in the song.

Then about a few weeks later after picking up Andrew from preschool I catch him in the living room rocking in the rocking chair by himself singing by himself while he is doing hand motions to the song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He started the song with his hands over his head singing, "Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky". When I witnessed him doing this I grabbed the camera and made a short video of him singing,"Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Too Cute. If I can figure out how to add a video to this blog, I will attach it.

No comments: