Thursday, July 27, 2006

My First Mother's Day -YIPPIE!


The Friday before Mother’s Day when I went to my Mom’s house to pick Andrew up after work, as I approach the screened door I saw Andrew approaching the door at top speed as he was giggling and squealing with excitement to see me. I picked him up and kissed and hugged him hello. My Mom told him to tell me what he practiced all day. I wasn’t sure what she taught him to say until Andrew slurred the words out real quick “Happy Mama’s Day” to the point where it sounded like “HapMa Day”. I figured out what he was saying and was thrilled at the effort he put forth to say it. It was adorable. Throughout the weekend Andrew would say either Happy Mama or Happy Day.It was so cute. He got it right on the money though. I've been a Happy Mama ever since Andrew came into our lives and each day after that has been a Happy one. I am so blessed and thankful to God and Andrew’s birthmother for such a beautiful son. I think about Andrew’s birthmother at times and think of how courageous and selfless she was to want more for him than what she could give him. If she only knew how thankful we are for Andrew and what a blessing he is. Even though I didn’t give birth to him myself, I feel like Andrew has been our son since the day he was born. It’s amazing how God works things out for good. The month that God gave me the vision to adopt was the month that Andrew was born. God had designed Andrew to be our son from the beginning. I am so amazed when I look back on it now and how he worked it all out and how we were the first couple to see Andrew’s file on the day of our second appointment. God is so Good!

No comments: