Monday, February 02, 2009

Dentist Check up for Steven

Well, Praise the Lord that we made it through our first dentist appointment with Steven. Unfortunatly we found out that Steven has 8 cavities. Yes, I said 8 cavities. The amazing thing is though that 6 of the cavities have temporary fillings with decay still underneath the temporary fillings. Why would a dentist go to the trouble of filling a tooth without getting the decay out of it?

Steven did really well in the appointment and when I found out that the other cavities have already been filled, I realized that this wasn't the first time he has been to the dentist. I know that the orphanage would have a dentist come into the orphanage to offer his service to the children, but with the 2 obvious cavities in Steven's front 2 teeth I figured he never visited the dentist in the orphanage.

We scheduled his next appointment for filling his front 2 cavity we made in 2 weeks. I hope that goes as well as this one did.

No comments: