Monday, April 30, 2007

Fundraising, Auctions and Yard Sales

We have started raising the funds that we need for our up coming adoption through running a candy bar and Home Interiors fund raiser. I gave some friends and family the fliers to help us fundraise and to my surprise we raised the initial money we needed to start the ball rolling with the adoption agency....which was the application fee.



I had approached my boss at work to see if I could add an extra day or two to my work schedule to bank that money for the adoption, however, it was a no go since the company was going into their slow season. I really didn't want to lose those 2 days anyway with Andrew. I really enjoy our time together and feel it's important to be home with him anyway, therefore, I wasn't too disappointed that my boss turn me down for adding extra days. I know that God will bring the money forth one way or another for this adoption and I already had some other ideas to go with.



Robert and I discussed it and decided that we could go to auctions, purchase items for minimal cost and resell it to raise the money. Robert found an ad in the paper for a storage unit auction and to my surprise it was being held on one of my days off and right down the street from our house. A couple of days ago Andrew and I went to the storage unit auction and ended up purchasing one unit that was full of what it looked like file boxes (about 30 of them) older office furniture. Nobody seemed to want this unit and I almost walked away from it myself (thinking that Robert was going to flip when he saw how jammed packed the furniture was thrown into the unit), but ended up purchasing the whole unit for $20.00. Let me just tell you that to our surprise that was a very profitable $20.00.



We found computers, printers,and a multiple amount of copper, brass, and steel pipe fittings in the until which we sold to a metal dealer. We sold all of the office furniture last weekend at our first Yard Sale as well as we sold the rest of the plumbing supplies, motors etc (since the unit was formerly owned by a previous Plumbing and Heating company). Robert and I were floored that in just a couple of days we came up with all of the money we needed for our Home Study Report just from a couple of days work. Praise God for multiplication and supplying our needs for the adoption. God is so Good! Hallelujah! Needless to say that I'm sure will be the first of many auctions to come.

No comments: