Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Preparing for our Babies

Robert and I have been actively preparing for our trip to Ukraine and getting the house ready for our new additions to our family. We are in the process of renovating our walk-up attic into a 4th bedroom, which will be our guest bedroom. I gave the attic two coats of primer paint and one coat of a sage green.



I still have to finish the other half of the attic with the green and then we can rug it this weekend and set it up as a bedroom. Once we do that we can move some of the bedroom furniture in the two kids rooms into the guest room where it belongs and then finish off our kids bedrooms. Robert put up some trim molding in the attic after I painted it, which really gave the walls a finished look. Our bathroom is also under renovations right now until the plumber shows up next week to finish the job. I have also been busy working on our little boys' afghan. I am about half way done. Our little girls' afghan I finished last year (which was my first afghan I ever made...thanks to Mama Sherry teaching me). Robert got a book on London that had some maps and hotel reviews in it, which was nice to see how close the underground transportation is to the hotels we are looking into. We will be reserving our hotel probably sometime tomorrow...so that will be done. I've also been reading the book "Supernanny" that my mom gave us for our anniversary. Another thing we've been doing to prepare for our trip is to record on our DVD player movies and sitcoms off of the television so we will have some English TV shows to watch when we have some free time....which there is a lot of from what we hear when we are not visiting the children. I'm sure we won't be just watching tv during our free time, that is why we're bringing some travel games, cards, books, crotcheting & cross stitch projects to do as well as journaling to keep you all informed as well as to create a memory book for our children. We did receive one of our documents that we had to update which was our adoption agency license. We are now waiting on our statewide criminal clearance letters (which we should receive either this week or next week) and our doctors forms from our physicals we had in March (which should be done real soon as well)...I HOPE. We still have to send all of our updated documents up to Trenton, NJ to get them apositilled and then sent to Ukraine to be translated and submitted with the rest of our documents BEFORE we have our appointment at the NAC. Please pray and believe with us that our paperwork is done correctly and SOON so we can send them off to Ukraine before we leave in July. I know I must sound like I'm getting a little on the nervous side about our paperwork and all, however, I have to cast my cares daily over unto the Lord regarding all of this....because the victory is ours because the battle is HIS...not mine. Yeah....as you can tell...I have to keep telling myself that and speaking it forth, because yes, that is the only thing right now that concerns me is our paperwork. This whole adoption has been in God's hands since day one and we have truely had Supernatural Favor in all of the process so far, so I just trust that the Lord will complete His good work exceedingly and abundantly above all that we can ask or think and we thank God for His goodness and mercy towards us and our family and friends each and every day of our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROBERT AND KARRIE,
WHAT A GREAT WAY TO SHARE YOUR JOY AND KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON SUCH WONDERFUL NEWS. THANKS FOR ALLOWING US TO BE A PART OF IT.
YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS. MANY BLESSINGS. NICK AND DOTTIE IANNACONE