Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bubbles, Doctor Visit, Little Boy Blue

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?collid=57231814209&photoid=47231814209&&refreshkey=1124646986678




This morning Andrew wasn’t as energetic as he has been the last couple weeks in the morning. Robert entertained him by blowing bubbles which Andrew loved of course. We played with him for about an hour, fed him some yogurt and then started to take him for his morning walk like we do every morning. I put him down on the black top to start walking and he started crying and whining and wouldn’t move. He usually doesn’t get tired until 11:00am but this morning I picked him up off of the blacktop and he immediately put his head on my shoulder and slept for about an hour and 20 minutes. Since we noticed a couple of scratches underneath his left eye, we figured that he scratched himself when he was rubbing his eye. That is the eye that has been tearing periodically. We brought a nail file to file the edges of his nails so he wouldn’t harm himself with his nails. When it was time to return him to his groupa around 12:00pm, I thankfully saw the doctor in the hallway and waved her down. I motioned Andrew’s symptoms (since I don’t know how to tell her in Russian) and she followed me into Andrew’s room to give him a checkup. She listened to his heart and lungs and said that they were good with a thumbs up sign (since I told her he was coughing). She also checked his throat and his eye. She wrote down the 2 medicines that she thought would be good for his eye and his throat. As I was sitting in the room next to the desk Andrew was sitting on when he was being checked out from the doctor, one of Andrew’s playmates in his groupa saw me and ran over to where I was sitting and stood in between my legs with his back to me and leaned back to look up at me with a big smile on his face. This was the same boy, Sasha, that when I picked up Andrew this morning from his groupa I squatted down to call Andrew over and said come here Andrew in Russian and motioned with my arms being wide open, Sasha came running over instead immediately into my arms. So many of these children need loving homes and are starving for love and attention. It is recommended not to pay to much attention to the other children in the group, but when you have a child run into your arms and run up to you again to press up against your legs and lay his head back on your lap and grin, how can you not hug them and give them some love and attention. The children are oohhh so sweet. They are just waiting for someone to take them home with them.



This afternoon we picked up the medicine that the doctor wrote down on a piece of paper for me to take to the pharmacist and brought it with me when we returned in the afternoon. The doctor was in Andrew’s room when I arrived so I handed her the medicine. The doctor, one of the care takers and myself held Andrew down on the changing table while she put the drops into his eyes and nostrils. Then she fed him the medicine for his throat and congestion. He seem a bit better this afternoon and his nose was draining some green gunk, so we were happy that he was getting rid of the mucus. Praise God for that.



When we were out at the store we also picked up a couple of different toys for Andrew to play with. When we were visiting with him in the afternoon we brought out the new toys, a snail that can be a drum, a shape sorter or a pull toy, and we also got him some plastic blocks. The blocks he really wasn’t interested but the drum he played with for a while. What he got the most enjoyment out of was this cardboard picture that came with the blocks that was part of the wrapping. He would follow around the orphanage while Robert was holding the cardboard picture. He would play with it and go anywhere that cardboard would go. Robert decided to roll it up lengthwise and make a bugle out of it. He would show Andrew how to blow into the bugle and talk into it. Then Andrew would fight to get it out of Robert’s hands so he could play with it again. Andrew loves to imitate anything you do. Of course he had to play the bugle like his Papa what playing the bugle. He thought that was the best toy yet. It was hard to get it away from him since it was time to take him back to his groupa for the evening. Our Little Boy Blue, Come Blow Your Horn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Google Reacts to Splogs
Google Reacts to Splogs . Ahhh, but will Google solve the problem that LiveJournal has? The problem I'm talking about is the LiveJournal_Abuse team, which has always been made up of volunteers and will ban ...
Hey, you have a neat blog here! I will definitely bookmark your site ! I have a ideal cholesterol readings site. It near enough covers a great deal that matches ideal cholesterol readings material. If you possess the chance, kindly come and check it out.